Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 2 done.

I missed one run, but that's OK. I ran 4.5 miles on Saturday after work. Outside. In January. In North Dakota. Whaaaaaat! I can hardly believe it. It felt amazing. about a 50 minute workout. I felt like it was 60 degrees when I was done.

Getting the right amount of clothing on is a tricky situation. I wore my new outdoor running pants, which worked awesome... a long sleeved t shirt and then a hooded zip up sweatshirt. That was pretty good for that day. My arms were kinda warm but I think any less and I would have been cold. I also wore a stocking cap. The last few runs I used little gloves but my hands got pretty sweaty fast so I ditched those this time. My only complaint would be that my cheeks and my neck get cold... I hate wearing a scarf because it never stays right, and I don't want to wear something that covers my mouth otherwise I can't breathe right. I'll be on the lookout for something a little more impressive.

Well, fabulous Monday, I'm just enjoying my coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying it QUITE early, but that is what is so great about coffee. :)

    I debated running outside, but it was only 28 degrees and I had agreed to it only if it was over 32. I'm a wimp ;).

    ReplyDelete