Friday, December 30, 2011

Not quite new year's...

What's my resolution? Well I wouldn't quite call it a resolution but more like a goal. I really want to run a half marathon. I set out to accomplish this goal last summer, but a string of ridiculously hot, humid weather bummed me out and I quit. Now, trying to run a half marathon is going to consist of a few challenges.

1. Running.
2. Long runs.
3. Not dying.

I'm reading a book right now (you can order it here, if you'd like) and it's really getting me motivated. In the book she talks about wanting to take naps on park benches during long runs, peeing in bushes without anybody seeing, and other funny things to get you really into running.

So I'm on week on. So far I have gotten in 3 runs. Monday and Wednesday I ran 35 minutes, about 3 miles each time. Today (Friday) was my "long run" of the week, 45 minutes and I managed to get in 4 miles. I think the gal that wrote that book must have been a pretty slow runner, because in a couple weeks my long run is supposed to be 4 miles. I don't know. I'm just going to try and follow it and not die, and not quit. So I'm really going to try and blog about my training... If I have the energy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment