Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lazy weekend...

And I'm feeling chubby. Uffda.

Tonight I made (am making) zucchini bread. I went to the farmer's market this weekend and bought a few things, including a zucchini. It seems like a shame to use a zucchini like that to make into bread, but it is delicious anyway.

I changed up the recipe... Most zucchini bread recipes call for 1 cup of oil. 1 cup of oil!?! YIKES!! A smart little trick I learned in weight watchers-substitute that for a cup of unsweetened applesauce. It actually worked! The bread stays very moist and cuts out a ton of fat and calories. Of course, there is still a bunch of flour and sugar but oh well. Gotta have your treats too :)

I went to YOGA for the first time tonight. It was... interesting. There was only 4 of us (plus instructor) in the class, so that was good. I found it to be very relaxing for the most part. I'm used to high intensity step/aerobics classes, so yoga was definitely a change... She had candles lit, and used some different scents.

What I really liked about it was the connectedness you feel towards yourself. Yoga is all about you, relaxing your body and really placing your energy inside. At the end, she says say a prayer for someone you love, say a prayer for someone you find difficult, and finally say a prayer for yourself.

I think that's a good thing to do every day. Now, just need to remember that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment