Thursday, August 11, 2011

An old Facebook note

I was cleaning out my Facebook profile yesterday (there's no reason why people need to have access to "notes" I wrote 3 years ago) and came across one of those 25 Interesting Things about Me posts... #18 read:
"I am always concerned about my weight. I feel like people judge me because of it, and I'm constantly worrying whether or not people are talking about me/my weight. I just wish people would see what's on the inside rather than the outside."

Soooo true, fat self.

While I still occasionally feel like everyone's staring at my muffin top (which is significantly smaller than it used to be) I can't believe I let this rule my life for so long. Truth is, people probably DID judge me for being fat. Now on the other side of things, this is something that I can't lean on any longer. Before, if someone didn't like me or I wasn't chosen for a job or something like that, it was because I was fat. Nobody wants the fat girl. Now if I am not chosen or if someone doesn't like me for some reason- I really have to look at the issue. I think we all have things we lean on as crutches.

Losing weight is hard, but I think the hardest work begins now, for the rest of my life. Love it or hate it, here I am... But definitely loving it more than hating it! :) Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment