Friday, August 12, 2011

What do you do when...

So many people ask me, "Katie, what do you do when you want to eat junk food?" My answer is pretty simple...

I eat it.

Then, I run far, far away from it. Moderation is the key, people. I have learned this is true with a lot of things. You can enjoy anybody's company in moderation, but once you are with them too much or for too long (no matter how much you love them) you will eventually have a negative consequence. Example: Doritos. Good for a few chips, then you eat the whole bag and you're left with orange fingers and a guilty conscience. I used to eat Doritos by the bag. I probably could still if I let them sit in front of me, but this is something I don't buy anymore. I'll have a few here and there at parties/gatherings, but I will not bring them into my home unless absolutely necessary.

Nobody can be good 100% of the time, if we were, nobody would have drinking problems, weight problems, or personality problems. We'd all be perfect. But then, life would be boring and what would we ever learn from that?

There are times, of course when I fail miserably. An example of this was last week at work... A bunch of junk food sitting out all day, definitely can't resist. Then I go to the candy jar and have 3 or 4 dove chocolates. Why can't I have one? Not really sure. But, I have a bad day and move on with it. End of story. New day starts fresh. Every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment