Monday, August 29, 2011

Back at it.

Well, I haven't been the greatest blogger just starting out! There has been a lot going on in my life right now.

 Dad just had back surgery. He was in the hospital four nights, and just got home today. I'm home with them for a few days helping him recover and get stronger. It was hard seeing him in so much pain. I hope the recovery goes well! I spend a lot of time at the hospital this last weekend. I actually work there, so being there as a patient's family is definitely different. It helps, though because I know the routine and how things should and shouldn't go. I tried to behave!

Weight wise I have not been doing that great. I know I am up a couple of pounds, but that should come off relatively easy if I just eat the way I'm supposed to. I haven't been tracking very well, so that's the first step. I just need to write down every single thing I eat. It is so hard at this point, with 10 pounds left to lose... If I screw up even just a little bit, it shows on the scale. Back when I weighed in the 200 pound range, it would not matter as much. I could have a bad week and still lose a little bit. I guess that's life when you're a skinny girl! It is sooo worth it, though.

Got back to some running today as well. Took my parents black lab, Molly for a 2.7 mile run through the park and golf course. It felt great. Molly's getting up there in age, so we had to walk a little bit (purely for her benefit ;)...) Otherwise I have been focusing more on weight training. I have been able to see my leg and arm muscles toning quite a bit thanks to my trainer!! One of the best decisions I ever made (second to joining weight watchers nearly 2 years ago).

Anyway, back to helping mom and dad out around the house. It sure feels nice to be needed :)


1 comment:

  1. I thought it said 27 mile run. Wowza. 2.7 I'm guessing??

    I want to see these buff arms. :)

    ReplyDelete