Thursday, September 15, 2011

Breakfast time!

Today's breakfast: Kahlua flavored coffee from my beautiful Keurig coffee maker, a banana, and oatmeal... I never used to be a fan of oatmeal for a couple of reasons... One is when you make the correct serving size, it ends up to be a terribly small bowl. I found this recipe from Hungry Girl (http://www.hungry-girl.com/) and adapted it to my liking.

HUGE OATMEAL BOWL
1/2 cup old fashioned oats (quick/instant oats don't work)
1 cup water
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Add above ingredients to a pot on the stove, stir and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes. When it's all said and done, you get a huge bowl of thick, creamy oatmeal. I add some cinnamon, splenda, and sugar free maple syrup to my bowl just to sweeten it up a little bit. So good. You can add other things, too. It seriously makes the world's largest oatmeal bowl. I guess the trick is to add double the liquid you would normally add and cook it for twice as long.

I'd post a picture, but most of the time I find food pictures gross looking unless you're a gourmet chef, which I definitely am not!

Enjoy the day peeps... It's a chilly one here in ND which means fall is coming! Love fall but definitely not looking forward to winter. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment