Thursday, September 29, 2011

A new adventure ( I hope )

I applied to work for Weight Watchers the other day! It would only be part time, maybe a couple meetings a week. I'd start as a receptionist, and weighing people in. Kind of exciting. I haven't actually had a call or an interview, but my leader has been trying to get me to do this for a while now (even though I wasn't within my weight range until a few weeks ago). 

It's exciting and stressful all at the same time. I will be looking forward to helping people reach their goals, but then at this job you have to make sure you maintain your weight... So, incentive for me to keep it together and help people all at the same time.

Should be an interesting change in my life. Sometimes I think about my job (RN) and how I take care of people every single day of my life. It's exhausting. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and can't really imagine myself doing anything else... But you get kind of tired of always worrying about other people all the time. Sometimes I forget to take care of myself. Physically, yes I do, by working out and eating right, etc. But I think emotionally a lot of my time is invested in other people. Even when I'm not at work, I feel like I want to make sure everyone else is feeling ok, if they need anything, or what I can be doing for them.

I think it's a good resolution to start thinking about myself a little bit. I'm going to do what I want to do... for the rest of tonight anyway. Like watch some Grey's Anatomy. Ten minutes away! See yaz!

No comments:

Post a Comment