Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I have to admit...

I'm a little disappointed in myself. I was doing really great running at the beginning of the summer. Ran my first 10k, running 4 times a week almost. I stopped when it started getting really hot. We had quite a few days this summer where the head index was 110. High humidity. Yuck. Not good for a runner. I got a little lazy.

It's so hard to get back into running after being able to run long distances. I feel so disappointed when I only go a couple of miles. Yesterday I did 3.6 but I walked some. I have to tell myself that it's better than nothing. I have found, though, that my miles are faster than they were before. I ran one mile yesterday in under 11 minutes which I've never really done. I guess maybe that's why I get so tired so fast too. It's hard to control your pace when you're outside, though. I listen to music, and it makes me feel good. I feel like I'm going at a decent pace but maybe I should try slowing it down a little bit. At least for a while.

A friend of mine posted a quote on Facebook a while back that said something like this: "No matter how fast you're going, you're running laps around that person sitting on the couch!" Not exact, but close enough.

Here's my committment... Back into running! At least until the snow falls... yikes, I can't believe that's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment